Akron Lumber helps couple follow their dreamAKRON — Joe and Leah Van Walbeek are following their dream as they officially re-opened the Akron Lumber Co. for business on May 8. The couple purchased the business from Tim and Val Philips who...
Lemon‘aid’ for AllieLE MARS — With May being Brain Cancer Awareness Month, one third grade class at Kluckhohn Elementary decided to send proceeds from a class lemonade stand to the Blank Children’s Hospital in Des...
Meerdink bids A-W farewellAKRON — Kim Meerdink, high school science teacher at Akron-Westfield Community Schools, has decided to retire at the end of the school year.
Honoring our fallen comradesLE MARS/DES MOINES - After nearly 100 years, Deputy William Maxwell’s name was added to the Iowa Peace Officer Memorial during a ceremony at the state capitol, Friday, May 11.
Hillview Park named amongst best in IowaHINTON — One of Plymouth County’s best kept secrets is no longer a secret. Travel Iowa recently named Hillview Recreation Area, located just west of Hinton on County Road C-60, one of The Best of...
- LCS OKs staffing changes
- Council OKs police office position (5/22/18)
- They believed they could, so they did (5/21/18)
- More than a decade in the making (5/21/18)
- Adler bids farewell (5/21/18)
- LCMS students to see earlier start time (5/21/18)
- Master Gardeners offer three growing season webinars (5/20/18)
- Turn Around to present dance concert (5/20/18)
- Author Anna Redsand to speak in Orange City (5/19/18)
- Extension council meeting set (5/19/18)
- FVH video aids in child abduction case (5/18/18)
- The end of an era (5/18/18)
- A new way to therapy at FVH (5/18/18)
- Culver says goodbye to Hinton (5/18/18)
- Central Avenue project update (5/18/18)
Hinton softball falls to FalconsIRETON — A day after arriving to a wet field and being sent home, the Hinton softball team returned on Tuesday for the make-up of that game and were turned away once more, this time in the form of a 6-0 loss. “We struggled to be aggressive both in the field and at the plate,” Hinton Head Coach Jennifer Jacobs said. ...
- Lady Westerners hold off Gehlen in full-length gameLE MARS — After outscoring Gehlen Catholic 46-1 in three games that lasted a combined 12 innings last season following run-rule finishes, Akron-Westfield had a bit of an early season battle on their hands on Tuesday night. While jumping out to an early 8-0 lead, the Westerners failed to slam the door shut early with the Jays fighting back for an 8-3 final score...
Bernice 'Bernie' Boetger (5/21/18)Bernice "Bernie" Boetger, 88 of Akron, died Friday, May 18, 2018, at the Akron Care Center. Bernice Joy Boetger was born on Sept. 25, 1929, to Roy and Winnie (Kroksh) Bliss in Akron. Bernie was...
Linda R. Prieksat (5/21/18)Linda R. Prieksat, 61, died Wednesday, May 16, 2018, surrounded by loved ones at her residence in Sioux City. Linda Renee Hillrichs, the daughter of Lowell and Cornelia (Ritter) Hillrichs, was born...
Joseph H. Kellen (5/16/18)Joseph Henry Kellen, 80, of Alton, died Monday, May 14, 2018, at a Sioux City hospital. Joe was born March 15, 1938, to Aloysius W. and Elizabeth C. (Stoll) Kellen in Alton. He graduated from St....
Colleen A. Durr (5/14/18)Colleen A. Durr, 95, of Le Mars, died Wednesday, May 9, 2018, at her home. Colleen A. Durr was born April 12, 1923 in Le Mars to Everett and Opal (Calhoun) Simon. She married Orville Durr Sr. on...
Help WantedLooking for motivated individuals in our sales / customer service and marketing department. 600+ week to start. We offer a flexible schedule, paid vacations, management opportunities. No Experience necessary. We will train. Call 712-541-3097 to schedule an interview.
Help WantedMedical Technologist : Permanent F/T Position Available. Job requires B.Sc. Medical Technology, MT ASCP cert or equivalent. For full job description: www.floydvalley.org/careers.html. Please send cover letter & ref. to: Mary Helen Gibson, Director of Human Resources, Floyd Valley Hospital, 714 Lincoln Street, Le Mars, IA 51031 or via email to: MaryHelen.Gibson@floydvalley.org
Help WantedLE MARS COMMUNITY SCHOOLS Opening for 2018-2019: Franklin Elementary - Library Associate 6.5 hrs/day - $16.64/hr - 186 day contract If interested, apply online www.lemars.k12.ia.us Open until filled EOE
Area RummagesMulti Family Rummage Sale Thursday May 24, 2018 3-7, Friday May 25, 2018 3-7 and Saturday May 26, 2018 7-11 AM @ 625 Beck Ave #25 Remsen, Iowa Linens, Blankets, Collectable's, Furniture, Knick-Knacks, Women's plus size clothing, Household Decorations.
Help WantedWANTED: WIC/Maternal and Child Health Administrative Assistant . 40 hours per week. Eligible for benefits, including IPERS. Associates Degree in office management or similar field preferred. Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred. For more information & to apply online, please visit www.midsioux.org 1-800-859-2025. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
AuctionsKraai's NEW and USED Furniture and Floor Covering Auction. Saturday, June 9. 10:30AM to 1:30PM at Kraai Furniture Warehouse, Orange City. 737-4923.
Help Wanted2nd Shift Driver - Full time with benefits.Home Every night! $70k. www.bigoxenergy.com
AuctionsAcreage Auction Saturday June 23, 2018 @ 1907 F Ave Dakota City, NE Owner Janice Jessen Stabe Realty & Auction. Randy 712-540-9640
Help WantedWanted: Part-time typist to help with commercial court- house newsletter. Must be computer savvy. Approximately 20 hours per month. Could grow. Good stay - at - home job. Call 539-0223.
Le Mars Apartments for Rent2 BR apartment . Appliances furnished. No pets. No smoking. 712-540-3068
- A new way to therapy at FVH
- FVH video aids in child abduction case
- Retiring after 45 years
- Phelps shatters shot put record to highlight first day of state track
- Hats off to the Class of 2018
- Best selling author visits LCMS
- City says OK to land purchases
- LCS’ Smalley says goodbye
- The end of an era
- LCS public hearing surrounds stadium renovation expenditures