Movin’ on to stateLE MARS — Seven Le Mars Community Middle School students and one Le Mars homeschooled student have advanced to state in the National History Day competition. Northwest AEA sponsored the regional...
Annual Easter Egg Hunt to return on March 31LE MARS — It’s time to go Easter Egg hunting. The Education Station/Primebank annual Easter Egg Hunt, in its fourth year, will mark the start of bringing springtime fun to the children of Le Mars and...
County funding support of Akron pool contingent on grantPLYMOUTH CO. — Six weeks after being approached for funding support for the Akron Family Aquatic Center, the Plymouth County Board of Supervisors approved a motion directing County Auditor Stacey...
Third annual Glow Run to support 4-H FoundationLE MARS — The Plymouth County 4-H Foundation has announced it will hold its third annual Ready, Set, Glow with 4-H Walk/Run on Saturday, April 14 at Century Hall at the Plymouth County Fairgrounds....
Ready to welcome residentsLE MARS — The first of six apartment buildings that will make up the Choicewood Park Apartment complex, 646 11th St. S.W., is complete and ready to welcome its new residents. The completion of the...
- Le Mars Fire-Rescue has busy 2017
- LPD to launch new community program (3/18/18)
- Rejoice! opens The Sanctuary Batting Cages, hosts Lenten Banquet (3/17/18)
- Merrill to upgrade lagoon system (3/16/18)
- Wastewater hires new contractor (3/16/18)
- Agri-Business Luncheon to be held March 20 (3/14/18)
- LCS board talks budget (3/14/18)
- A special honor (3/13/18)
- Jeneary files for office (3/13/18)
- Pheasants Forever to hold Phun Fest (3/13/18)
- Drug task force makes arrests in illegal drug sales (3/12/18)
- A blessed send off (3/12/18)
- Making lifelong relationships (3/12/18)
- Chamber to host first ever Trivia Night (3/12/18)
- Public Facilities employees take on CBP2 work (3/12/18)
- Gehlen Catholic 2017-18 boys basketball recapThe Gehlen Catholic boys basketball team finished the season with a 14-10 record. The team was led by Head Coach Mike Langel and assistant coaches Ryan Wiltgen and Eric Kellen. Team statistics Individual statistics Points Rebounds Assists Steals Blocks...
- Gehlen Catholic 2017-18 girls basketball recapThe Gehlen Catholic girls basketball team finished the season with a 15-8 record, an 11 win improvement over last season. The team was led by Head Coach Brandon Schaecher and assistant coaches Jessie Bohnenkamp and Amber Timmins. Team statistics Individual statistics...
- Morningside’s Tyler Borchers named a third-team NAIA DII All-American (3/16/18)
- KP-WC competes at 25th Iowa State Boys Classic; Phelps wins shot put crown at Dickinson Relays (3/16/18)
- Bulldogs open season at Lakes Conference Indoor (3/16/18)
- Dordt high school all-star basketball games set (3/14/18)
- IPSWA releases inaugural all-state basketball teams (3/14/18)
- 2017-18 IGCA All-State Basketball Teams (3/14/18)
Eunice Reoh (3/19/18)Eunice Reoh, 81, of Akron, died Thursday, March 15, 2018, at UnityPoint Health – St. Luke’s in Sioux City. Eunice Ann Hillrichs was born Dec. 10, 1936 in Akron, the daughter of Ben and Anna (Tapper)...
Donna J. Hentges (3/16/18)Donna J. Hentges, 85, of Le Mars, died Friday, March 9, 2018, at Accura HealthCare of Spirit Lake. Mass of Christian Burial will take place at 10:30 a.m., Friday, April 6, at All Saints Catholic...
Dennis Hultgren (3/16/18)Dennis Hultgren, 88, of rural Akron, died Tuesday, March 13, 2018, at Sanford – USD Medical Center in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Saturday, at Romsdal Lutheran...
Marjorie C. Doornink (3/16/18)Marjorie C. Doornink, 92, of Le Mars, died Monday, March 12, 2018, at the Good Samaritan Society-Le Mars, in Le Mars. Marjorie Claire Doornink was born Dec. 28, 1925 in Plymouth County to Delphis and...
Help WantedELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN Responsible to help support daily operation of college facilities, grounds, and equipment. High school diploma or equivalent, ability to read and understand wiring schematics and building drawings, Class B CDL driver's license or ability to obtain within one year of employment, and basic computer skills required. Five years of experience in electrical field; experience in HVAC troubleshooting; Journeyman or Master Electrical license; Journeyman or Master...
Help WantedHiring immediately for part-time evening janitorial services in LeMars, Iowa Experience helpful, but not necessary. Must have valid Drivers License and be able to pass a background check. Please call 712-252-4931 for more information
Help WantedTruck Driver-Great Pay , Great Trucks, Home Most Nights!! Would you like to drive well maintained trucks and be home most nights for dinner?? The Company: Dirksen Inc. is family owned and been in business for years. Well maintained trucks Plenty of loads Great at work-life balance,Respectful work environment. The Position: We are looking to hire full time drivers to haul livestock. Dependable candidates must have a class A CDL and a good driving record. Experience preferred but not...
AuctionsHOUSEHOLD, ANTIQUES & COLLECTIBLES AUCTION Sunday, April 15, 2018 – Sale Time: 1:00 P.M. 114 4th Street N.E. LeMars, IA Masuen Family, Owners. Klein Realty & Auction Jim Klein 712-786-2870
Lost & FoundFound a set of keys (Many on one ring) near Le Mars Little League Park on Saturday March 10, 2018. Call 546-7031 to identify.
Area Houses for RentClean 3 BR , 2 Baths MFG. Home in Remsen. Garage. Washer/Dryer. $650 Month. 712-540-9596
Help WantedVan's Sanitation has a full time opening for a truck driver. Class A CDL required. Home every night. Please stop at office for an application 1553 18th St SW in Le Mars.
Business OpportunitiesWanted houses to clean. Le Mars or Merrill. No cats. 712-938-2103
Help WantedWANTED: Teacher for Sioux Center Early Head Start Center. 40 hours/ week, 52 weeks/year. Eligible for benefits, including IPERS. For more information & to apply online, please visit www.midsioux.org. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Le Mars Houses for RentFor rent 2 BR house. Appliances furnished. 540-9996
- Drug task force makes arrests in illegal drug sales
- Ready to welcome residents
- Gehlen Elementary principal sends ‘Sweet Tweets’ to students
- A Day in the Life
- Bulldogs open season at Lakes Conference Indoor
- Making lifelong relationships
- LCS moves forward with new stadium
- A special honor
- Hillview to grow by 300-plus acres
- A blessed send off