New Total Sales begins to take shape
Friends, family to gather to support Brent familyLE MARS — Family and friends will come together on Saturday, Oct. 21 to support Theresa Brent who was recently diagnosed with non-smokers lung cancer. Annie Solberg, a benefit organizer, said as of...
Still more questions than answersMERRILL — The third of three PlyWood Trail community meetings was held in Merrill Tuesday night. About 40 people attended. Ryan Meyer, a member of the PlyWood Trail Committee, opened the meeting and...
Woman identified after being killed by truck
3 routes, 2 meetings, 1 endless debate1LE MARS/HINTON — The proposed 16-mile PlyWood Trail system that would connect Plymouth and Woodbury counties was back in front of community members in two of the potentially affected towns. Area...
- Fire chief reminds residents of no open burning in city limits
- Police association to host first ever Monster Mash (10/18/17)
- City hires water superintendent (10/18/17)
- Le Mars Agri-Center increases capacity (10/17/17)
- Calling all little monsters (10/17/17)
- Ernst completes 99 county tour in Brunsville (10/17/17)
- Gehlen to hold Veteran’s Day service (10/16/17)
- LCS, Gehlen march their way to top finish (10/16/17)
- Education reform top issue for one Le Mars native (10/16/17)
- An honor in community service partnership (10/16/17)
- Impaired driving earns county a place in safety program (10/16/17)
- City to start hydrant flushing (10/15/17)
- USD presents History Department Schell Lecture Oct. 17 (10/15/17)
- Northwest AEA offers class to become short-term substitute teacher (10/15/17)
- Mosquito/Public Health Pest Management Course to be offered (10/15/17)
- Tickets punched to state cross country for WC-KP girlsORANGE CITY — The Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union theme for those qualifying for the state meet was #TicketPunched on social media. The WC-KP girls punched them twice as the team qualified with a meet-best 31 points, 80 better than runner-up and host Unity Christian. On top of that, six of the team’s seven individuals punched their individual tickets by making the top 15...
- Roder, Grady and Galles to represent at 1A state meet
- Triumphant triumvirate earns repeat trip to state for Le Mars
- Royals advance with sweep of CC-E (10/18/17)
- Panthers survive five-set match with Remsen St. Mary’s (10/18/17)
- Sentinel Player of the Week- October 18, 2017 (10/18/17)
- Eric Hoffman, Suzanne Putze crowned WVC XC champions (10/18/17)
Barbara Baack (10/11/17)Barbara Eileen (Nemmers) Baack, 82, of Le Mars, entered into eternal rest on Tuesday, Oct. 10, 2017, at her home in Le Mars surrounded by her loved ones. Barbara Eileen Nemmers was born on Nov....
Carol Albright (10/11/17)Carol Albright, 81, of Le Mars, died Monday, Oct. 9, 2017 at Plymouth Manor Care Center in Le Mars. Carol Jean Farmer was born on Sept. 28, 1936 in Le Mars, to Vernon and Mildred (Spies) Farmer. She...
Edward Richardson (10/11/17)Edward Richardson, 66, of Le Mars, died Monday, Oct. 9, 2017, at Sanford USD Medical Center in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Memorial service will be 11 a.m., Saturday at Merrill United Methodist Church...
Carol Albright (10/10/17)Carol Albright, 81, of Le Mars, died Monday, Oct. 9, 2017 at Plymouth Manor Care Center in Le Mars. Memorial service will be at 11 a.m., Thursday, at Grace Lutheran Church in Le Mars with the Rev....
Help WantedHometown Guesthouse hotel of Marcus, IA is currently seeking applications for General Manage. General responsibilities include: Supervising and development of employees, guest services, paperwork and payroll, housekeeping, sales & marketing implementation along with day to day operations of hotel. If interested in this position, please send resume to: PO Box 295, Marcus, IA 51035 by October 27, 2017.
Le Mars Houses for RentNice one bedroom duplex , Major appliances plus dishwasher, microwave, W/D, walk-in closet, attached garage/opener. Super nice, ready to move in. No pets. No smoking. $725 Details 712-546-5042
Le Mars Apartments for RentSingle bedroom apartment available immediately. Deposit required, no pets, no smoking, off street parking available call after 5. 540-4981 or 540-7974
Help WantedWANTED: Bilingual Family Advocate for Sioux County. 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year, including evening hours. Office is based in Orange City. Eligible for benefits, including IPERS. For more information & to complete an on-line application, please visit us at www.midsioux.org. 1-800-859-2025. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
FreebiesTo give away (4) 3 Month old kittens. 546-6608