Floriculture Department rooted in tradition at Clay County FairSPENCER — The tradition continues at the Clay County Fair with the Creative Living Center being a location that hosts local art, culinary creations, floral designs, and different demonstrations,...
Two-vehicle accident turns fatalPLYMOUTH CO. — A Le Mars teenager has died following injuries sustained by a two-vehicle collision at County Road C-38 and Otter Avenue on Thursday, July 19. According to a news release issued by the...
Fair sees 17 queen candidate hopefulsPLYMOUTH CO. — The 2018 Plymouth County Fair Queen will be crowned from a field of 17 candidates next week. They represent 4-H clubs and FFA chapters in the county. The Plymouth County Fair Queen,...
Central project is complete(Sentinel Photo by Breeanna Pierce) Central Avenue is now open to traffic after months of construction, which began on May 4. From Third Street South to Third Street North, Central Avenue received an...
County road collision sends three to hospitalPLYMOUTH CO. — First responders received a call at 1:18 p.m. for a two-vehicle collision at the corner of Otter Avenue and County Road C-38.
- KIB to host summer photography contest
- Music lovers are coming home to Arnolds Park (7/21/18)
- Clinic to help northwest Iowa livestock producers improve corn silage quality (7/21/18)
- Man found dead in grain bin (7/18/18)
- Volunteers receive Governor’s Award (7/18/18)
- Candidates vie to be next fair king (7/18/18)
- Runway extension moves forward (7/18/18)
- Le Mars sees its fair share of fireworks issues (7/17/18)
- Thanking those who helped make it possible (7/17/18)
- Hillview Park reveals new playground (7/17/18)
- Fair offers church service for all (7/17/18)
- Locals flock to Farmer’s Market (7/16/18)
- Here’s to a century of memories (7/16/18)
- Petersen named new deputy (7/16/18)
- Tucker Hill cuts ribbon on barn addition (7/16/18)
- RSM, North Linn to meet again in state quarterfinalsDES MOINES — Remsen St. Mary’s and North Linn will meet in the state quarterfinals for the second straight year when the teams play in the final Class 1A quarterfinal game at 1:30 p.m. on Saturday. RSM won last year’s meeting 5-1. North Linn matched seed with their final ranking, taking the third-seed while the Hawks were dropped two spots from their final IHSBCA placement when the coaches seeded the teams as RSM gets placed sixth...
- Lady Westerners finish fourth at state softballFORT DODGE — The Akron-Westfield softball team finished in fourth place in this year’s state tournament, losing their semifinal and third place games on Wednesday and Thursday. AGWSR entered the semifinal contest with the state’s leading strikeout pitcher and was the best home run hitting team in the 1A field. ...
- Bulldogs set to host summer volleyball camp (7/19/18)
- Northwestern girls basketball camp awards (7/19/18)
- Remsen St. Mary’s earns third consecutive trip to state (7/18/18)
- Akron-Westfield, AGWSR to meet for first time at state tournament (7/17/18)
- No. 6 Bishop Heelan ends season for Le Mars (7/16/18)
- Jays continue postseason run into substate by blanking Akron-Westfield (7/16/18)
Arlene Schulz (7/16/18)Arlene Schulz, 93, of Le Mars, died Sunday, July 15, 2018, at Plymouth Manor Care Center in Le Mars. Funeral service will be at 10 a.m., Thursday at Grace Lutheran Church in Le Mars. Burial will be...
Ed Schleis (7/16/18)Edward Schleis, 80, of Le Mars, passed away peacefully and spiritually on Saturday, July 14, 2018, at UnityPoint Health-St. Luke’s in Sioux City. Ed entered the gates of heaven seeing and naming his...
Donna M. Dorr (7/16/18)Donna M. Dorr, 83, of Marcus, died unexpectedly on Thursday, July 12, 2018, at Mercy Medical Center in Sioux City. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m., on Saturday, July 21, at the Earnest – Johnson...
Marlin 'Bud' Albright (7/16/18)Marlin "Bud" Albright, 85, of Le Mars, died Sunday, July 8, 2018, at Mercy Medical Center in Sioux City. Bud was born on June 28, 1933, on a farm near Brunsville, along with his twin sister, Marilyn...
Le Mars Apartments for Rent1 BR $525 Month No pets. No smoking. 235 Central Ave SW 548-4700
Construction help neededConstruction help needed! Pay based on experience. Call Fintel Construction 712-540-6076
Help WantedLooking for farm help with mechanical experience CDL preferred, not required. Pay based on experience. Call Joe at 712-539-1688
Help WantedFlat Bed Company wanted Full and Part Time over the road and regional drivers. Benefits, Vacation, Holiday Pay, and Health Insurance. Regional drivers home most weekends. 712-943-2030
Help WantedLe Mars Community Schools Openings for 2018-2019: Asst. Custodian - 40 hrs/wk and must be willing to obtain CDL Custodian - 27.5 hrs/wk (shift starts at 5:30 pm) Bus Drivers and Substitute Bus Drivers Substitute Cooks School Nurse/Instructional Assistant - 40 hrs/wk to provide special needs student support Open until filled If interested, apply online at www.lemars.k12.ia.us EOE
Help WantedConstruction help needed! Pay based on experience. Call Fintel Construction 712-540-6076
Help WantedNow hiring various store positions. For more information please visit www.oreillyauto.com/careers
Help WantedCITY OF LE MARS - Public Works Equipment Operator. Regular full-time position. Duties include general labor and operating construction equipment. CDL preferred or ability to obtain. Pre-employment/Random Drug/Alcohol Test. Submit City application to City of Le Mars, 40 Central Ave. SE, Le Mars, IA 51031 or www.lemarsiowa.com by 5:00 PM July 27, 2018. EOE M/F
Help WantedWATER DEPARTMENT : City of Le Mars Water Department One (1) Permanent Full-time Water Operator Position. Duties include Treatment Plant Operation, Distribution System Operation, Meter Reading. Must have Grade 2 Certification or ability to obtain within two (2) years. CDL preferred or ability to obtain. Pre-employment/Random Drug/Alcohol Test. Submit City application to City of Le Mars, 40 Central Ave. SE, Le Mars, IA 51031 or www.lemarsiowa.com by 5:00 PM July 27, 2018. EOE M/F
- Two-vehicle accident turns fatal
- County road collision sends three to hospital
- Man found dead in grain bin
- ‘It’s all about the food’
- Striving to improve the ‘best’
- Working to overcome the odds
- Locals flock to Farmer’s Market
- Petersen named new deputy
- Candidates vie to be next fair king
- Fair sees 17 queen candidate hopefuls