Central Avenue project to resume July 5LE MARS — Construction ground to a halt on the Central Avenue resurfacing project when issues concerning the railroad arose late last month. The final phase, running from Plymouth Street to Second...
A good deedLE MARS — When winter thaws, it usually reveals a mess of broken branches and dead greenery cluttering parks and other public outdoor spaces. Two Le Mars residents, Curt Strathman and Harry Gray,...
Bus tours play large role in CVB report to councilLE MARS — When it comes to the Le Mars Convention & Visitors Bureau, Manager Jessica Brownmiller is one busy lady. She is responsible for bookings at the numerous city facilities, such as the...
Westmar reunionLE MARS — The “Blue and White” will celebrate this weekend as members of Westmar College’s class of 1968 gather for their 50th anniversary class reunion.
Nichols heats up inaugural bashLE MARS — Hundreds of residents and visitors roamed Le Mars during Ice Cream Days this past weekend, enjoying local art, food, music, and most importantly, ice cream. To round out the four days of...
- LCS board OKs pay for subs (6/20/18)
- Library had a busy year (6/19/18)
- A patriotic tour (6/18/18)
- Kolker says goodbye (6/18/18)
- Library had a busy year (6/18/18)
- Three attend P.E.O. Iowa convention (6/17/18)
- Register for the 12th annual Iowa Women in Agriculture Conference (6/16/18)
- Breastfeeding class to be held at Floyd Valley Healthcare (6/16/18)
- The big reveal (6/15/18)
- LCS Board grants Webner a salary increase (6/15/18)
- Exhibit features family’s love of art (6/15/18)
- Gehlen alum works to stabilize conditions in Afghanistan (6/15/18)
- Meyer honored by Madonna Rehabilitation Hospitals (6/13/18)
- Kiwanis Club gears up for Kow Splash 2018 (6/13/18)
- The parlor, reimagined (6/13/18)
No. 14 Spirit Lake too much for Le MarsSPIRIT LAKE — Spirit Lake’s ranking of No. 14 in Class 3A in the latest IGHSAU list is probably a bit low. The Indians, who entered Tuesday’s game with Le Mars at a record of 20-3, had been ranked seventh just the week before, but tumbled seven spots with a loss at their home tournament to a Lawton-Bronson team that had just two wins up to that point in time...
- Spencer beats Le Mars Community baseball on walk-offSPENCER — The Le Mars baseball team lost their fourth straight game on Tuesday in a Lakes Conference clash with Spencer. The Tigers came away with a walk-off victory by scoring the winning run in the bottom of the seventh for a 6-5 final score. The win was the seventh straight for Spencer with six of those games featuring the Tigers scoring in their final at-bat...
- Royals and Blackhawks split War Eagle Conference games (6/20/18)
- Lady Westerners hand South O’Brien first conference loss (6/20/18)
- Jays get two run-rule wins over HMS (6/20/18)
- Home runs bookend RSM rout of Harris-Lake Park (6/19/18)
- Harris-Lake Park edges RSM softball in extras (6/19/18)
- Lady Westerners win two at home tournament (6/19/18)
Lillian C.M. Ludwigs (6/11/18)Lillian C. M. Ludwigs, 93, of Le Mars, died Friday, June 8, 2018 at Floyd Valley Healthcare in Le Mars. Lillian Catherine Marie Ludwigs was born on May 29, 1925, in Le Mars, the daughter of...
Gerald Zimmerman (6/11/18)Gerald (Jerry) A. Zimmerman went home to be with the Lord Friday, June 8, 2018, in Sioux City. Jerry was born on Aug. 3, 1927, to Arthur J. H. and Eugene E. (Cobb) Zimmerman on their farm homestead...
Mary K. Lane (6/8/18)Mary K. Lane, 89, of Le Mars, formerly of Struble, died Monday, June 4, 2018, at Plymouth Manor Care Center in Le Mars. Mary Kathleen Lane was born on Aug. 31, 1928, in Struble, the daughter of...
Richard C. Edwards (6/8/18)Richard Edwards, 55, of Le Mars, formerly of Orange City, died Wednesday, June 6, 2018, at UnityPoint Health-St Luke’s in Sioux City. Richard Charles was born on March 6, 1963, in Denver, Colorado,...
For SaleST. George's Preschool sale scheduled for Monday June 25th has been CANCELLED
Le Mars Houses for RentFor rent or sale on contract Newly remodeled 2 BR house, 2 Baths on Hwy 3 West Le Mars. $950 Month, Low utilities. Call 712-546-7567
Le Mars Houses for Rent3 BR House @ 420 2nd Ave SW Le Mars. $800/Month Plus Deposit, References. No pets. 546-6378
Sporting GoodsFor sale 2008 Yamaha Vino Scooter. 125CC 800 miles. Excellent condition. 712-546-7395
AuctionsFriday July 20, 2018 Farm Machinery, Equipment, Vehicles, Tools & Misc. Auction 2067 190th St. Bronson, Iowa 51007 Sam Corrie Estate & Double C Farms-Owners Brock Auction Co.548-4634 brockauction.com
Help WantedWANTED: Museum maintenance director. Responsible for cleaning all five floors of the Plymouth County Historical Museum, 335 First Ave. SW, Le Mars. Also basic maintenance and odd jobs as assigned. Starting pay of $9 per hour. 24 hours weekly. May include some weekend hours. Deliver letter of interest and resume to the Museum during open hours, 1 to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Sunday.
Le Mars RummagesMulti-family Yard Sale . 300 4th Ave. SE. LeMars. Thurs. June 21st. 3-8 pm. Fri. June 22nd 9am-8pm. Sat June 23rd 8am-noon. Vintage books, vintage records, vintage comic books, Longaberger, Stampin'up sets, décor, vintage collectable dolls, hand cut Jasper stoneware, household, women's and men's clothing, purses, misc.
Help WantedWANTED: Head Cook for Le Mars Head Start/Early Head Start. 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday (Summer hours will vary the months of June, July & August). Eligible for benefits, including IPERS. High School Diploma or GED required. Cooking knowledge or experience required. For more information & to apply online, please visit www.midsioux.org. 1-800-859-2025. An Equal Opportunity Employer
Le Mars Apartments for Rent1 BR Basement apartment. Appliances furnished including washer/dryer. $495 Month. No pets. No smoking. 235 Central Ave SW 712-548-4700
For Rent2 Quonset Buildings for lease:1877 Lincoln Street SW Located in the Industrial area South edge of Le Mars. 40'x100', concrete floor with floor drain $650/Month, 24'x36' concrete floor $350/Month Call 540-3284 or 541-5886
- Meyer honored by Madonna Rehabilitation Hospitals
- Exhibit features family’s love of art
- The big reveal
- Ice Cream Days parade to take a new route
- The parlor, reimagined
- Nichols heats up inaugural bash
- Gehlen alum works to stabilize conditions in Afghanistan
- LCS Board grants Webner a salary increase
- A patriotic tour
- Kolker says goodbye