Two injured in early morning accidentREMSEN — Law enforcement authorities are investigating a two vehicle accident that has left two people injured. At approximately 6:42 a.m., the Plymouth County Communications Center received a 911...
A recognition in positivityLE MARS — A Le Mars couple has been honored by the Le Mars Police Association for their contributions to the community. Le Mars Police Department Senior Officers Lenny Flack and Dan Plueger presented...
Pork Producers to celebrate with annual banquetPLYMOUTH CO. — More than 150 members will come together on Saturday, Feb. 17 to celebrate the Plymouth County Pork Producers. The annual event will begin at 6 p.m. with social hour and appetizers,...
Wolff reminds of radon dangersLE MARS — January is National Radon Month. Floyd Valley Healthcare’s Dr. Cindie Wolff has been working diligently for six years to raise awareness of radon in Plymouth County and northwest Iowa....
Early surprise clinches New Year’s titleLE MARS — It’s a boy! The 2018 New Year’s baby at Floyd Valley Healthcare is Keaton Patrick Lariviere. The son of Taylor Lariviere of Le Mars arrived at 9:17 a.m., Sunday, Jan. 14. He weighed 5...
- Master Gardeners offer three winter webcasts
- Sign up now for Terrace Cost-Share Program
- County raises run the gamut (1/19/18)
- FVH Auxiliary looks to boost membership (1/17/18)
- Exercise group helps support patients (1/17/18)
- Four students bestowed Sitzmann Scholarship (1/17/18)
- Remsen ready for annual meeting (1/16/18)
- Sitzmann bids adéu after 25 years (1/16/18)
- LCS, Gehlen to soon hold round-up (1/16/18)
- Plains Area purchases former pharmacy building (1/15/18)
- Chalk up a win in entrepreneurship (1/12/18)
- LCS receives official invite to MRAC (1/12/18)
- Gehlen announces 31st annual ball (1/12/18)
- Sheriff talks $’s, manpower (1/12/18)
- Spring Fling event takes on Classic Rock theme (1/12/18)
- Kingsley-Pierson runs rampant over RoyalsREMSEN — Kingsley-Pierson ran away with a pair of games in non-conference action on Thursday, taking down MMCRU with a 75-26 win in the girls game and a 74-41 final in the boys game. K-P Head Coach Jarrod Schott said his boys team took advantage of scoring opportunities...
- Sioux City Metro swimmers dominate CBAL
- Nohava to stay with the green and yellow
- Le Mars earns takedown of Midgets, fall to E-Hawks (1/19/18)
- Blackhawks edge Westerners on the wrestling mat (1/19/18)
- Sentinel Player of the Week- January 19, 2018 (1/19/18)
- Panthers get blowout wins over River Valley (1/18/18)
Deb Campbell (1/17/18)Debra “Deb” Campbell, 54, of Le Mars, died Monday, Jan. 15, 2018, at the Hospice of the Valley in Phoenix, Arizona. Arrangements are pending with the Rexwinkel Funeral Home in Le Mars. Expressions...
Mary Ann Ziettlow (1/16/18)Mary Ann Ziettlow, 96, of Le Mars, died Saturday, Jan. 13, 2018, at Good Samaritan Society-Le Mars in Le Mars. Arrangements are pending with the Rexwinkel Funeral Home of Le Mars. Expressions of...
Valjean Wiebke (1/16/18)Valjean Wiebke, 88, of Drexel, Missouri, died Sunday, Jan. 7, 2018, at Crown Care Center in Harrisonville, Missouri. Valjean Margaret Wilhelmi Wiebke was born Aug. 29, 1929, in Le Mars, daughter of...
LuVerne Helmrichs (1/16/18)LuVerne Helmrichs, 90, of Le Mars, formerly of rural Ireton, died Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018, at the Good Samaritan Society-Le Mars, in Le Mars. LuVerne Henry Helmrichs was born May 29, 1927, on the...
Help WantedThe Plymouth County Sheriff's Office is accepting applications for a full-time kitchen staff position. Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on January 29, 2018.
Work WantedWanted Farm cats. Call 712-577-9595
Business ServicesHANDELECTRIC Electrician / Handyman. 30 years experience. Also custom wood working, furniture repair and refinishing. (712)541-6323 leave message.
Le Mars Apartments for Rent2 BR apartment for rent in Le Mars with appliances and garage. Call 540-8296
Help WantedDirksen Ag Enterprises Inc., located near Le Mars Iowa, is looking to hire full time drivers to haul livestock. Dependable candidates must have a class A CDL and a good driving record. Experience preferred but not required. Competitive compensation and benefits offered. Call/Leave message at 712-540-3757 or 540-0809 to apply.
- Sitzmann bids adéu after 25 years
- Two injured in early morning accident
- Plains Area purchases former pharmacy building
- Early surprise clinches New Year’s title
- Exercise group helps support patients
- A recognition in positivity
- Gehlen announces 31st annual ball
- Spring Fling event takes on Classic Rock theme
- Four students bestowed Sitzmann Scholarship
- Wolff reminds of radon dangers