Gehlen Ball shatters all time recordLE MARS — With last week’s snowfall, the Le Mars area embraced spring with “A Night at the Masters,” the 31st annual Friends of Gehlen Catholic Ball on Saturday, April 21, at the Le Mars Convention...
Ver Mulm honored as Citizen of YearLE MARS — Members of the Le Mars Rotary Club gathered April 17 for the first Le Mars Rotary Club Awards Banquet at the Central Event Center. Following the dinner, Rotary Club President Paul Jacobson...
LPD to host first ever Run to RememberLE MARS — In honor of National Police Week and those in law enforcement who have lost their life in the line of duty, the Le Mars Police Association is sponsoring a Run to Remember 5K Walk or Run at...
Federal dollars holds up airport runway extensionLE MARS — Bids for two Le Mars Municipal Airport runway projects were approved by the Le Mars City Council at its April 17 meeting. Bids for the two projects were opened at 1 p.m., Friday, April 13....
27th annual RSM Gala proves a huge successREMSEN — The 27th annual Friends of St. Mary’s Ball held April 21 took on a Mardi Gras theme this year. The ball was at the Avalon Ballroom. The annual fundraiser for St. Mary’s Schools raised a...
- Gehlen celebrates spring with concert (4/23/18)
- Event to honor local superheroes (4/23/18)
- Iowa Outdoors season 8 to premiere on IPTV (4/22/18)
- Le Mars United Way announces 2018-19 Board of Directors (4/22/18)
- BCU to celebrate Earth Day (4/21/18)
- ‘May Day at the Museum’ coming April 30 (4/21/18)
- Northwest Iowa law enforcement unites (4/20/18)
- Daycare request causes city to reevaluate ordinances (4/20/18)
- Road bids awarded in county projects (4/20/18)
- Ambulance makes over 1,000 patients contacts in 2017 (4/20/18)
- Honoring those behind the scene (4/18/18)
- Schools vs. Mother Nature to decide last day of school (4/18/18)
- LCS to celebrate prom (4/18/18)
- LCSDF banquet to be held April 25 (4/18/18)
- County sets bid letting for projects (4/18/18)
- Fair weather finally allows Bulldogs to hit the greensBRUNSVILLE/LE MARS — The weather finally cooperated for the Le Mars Community golf teams with near perfect conditions on Monday. Sunny skies with a temperature in the low 70s and a gentle breeze was almost a bit of a shock after snow storms and cold weather pushed back the start of the season by nearly three weeks for the Bulldogs...
Le Mars gets first sweep of season against CherokeeCHEROKEE — The Le Mars Community boys tennis team had been sitting on their loss to Spencer for 11 days before responding with Monday’s 9-0 sweep over Cherokee. The Bulldogs had beat the Braves once already this season, but that came on an 8-1 score...
- Lady Bulldogs sweep Braves for second time in home opener
- Hinton boys win golf triangular over Woodbury Central, Cherokee
- Gehlen leads Plymouth County teams at Blackhawk Boys Relays (4/23/18)
- Hinton golfers club HMS in War Eagle opener (4/23/18)
- KP-WC, MMCRU boys compete at OA-BCIG (4/23/18)
- KP-WC girls track and field claims crown at OA-BCIG (4/23/18)
Marilyn A. Udell (4/20/18)Marilyn A. Udell, 81, of Hinton, died Tuesday, April 17, 2018, at a Sioux City hospital. Marilyn Ann, the daughter of William and Nora (Mercuriali) O’Malley, was born June 23, 1936, in Sioux City....
Richard 'Ric' Casson (4/20/18)Richard “Ric” William Casson, 67, of Faribault, Minnesota, died Saturday, April 14, 2018, at Homestead Hospice House, Owatonna, Minnesota, after a courageous, hard fought battle with pancreatic...
Rev. Cecil Friedmann (4/18/18)The Rev. Cecil Friedmann died Sunday, April 15, 2018, at the Kossuth Regional Health Center in Algona. He was 92. Father Cecil H. Friedmann, the youngest of six children born to Jacob and Catherine...
Kathy Deanne Nichols (4/17/18)Kathy Deanne Nichols, 59, of Castana, died at her home on Thursday, April 12, 2018, with family by her side. Kathy Deanne was born on May 18, 1958, in Cherokee, to Francis Albert and Frances Lorraine...
AnnouncementsONE DAY ESCAPE TOURS – Join Elaine De Jong and Allied Tours on our Summer One Day Escapes. “Woodcliff Lakes” June 6 and/or “Spirit of Brownville Cruise” on July 18. Also, “Iowa State Fair” on August 15. Call Elaine for details about these great One Day Escapes! Tel. 712-395-0105 or 712-707-9090.
VehiclesFor Sale: 1986 Caprice Classic. Good running car, needs minor body work. Good tires. New battery. Priced at $2250. 712-540-2318
Area RummagesMerrill City Wide Rummages Friday April 27, 2018 and Saturday April 28, 2018. Lists available at Casey's in Merrill and Iowa Prairie Bank
Le Mars RummagesThursday April 26, 2018 and Friday April 27, 2018 (2-6 PM Both Days) @ 305 12th Ave SW Toddler items, Women's plus size clothes, Decor. and Miscellaneous.
FreebiesKittens to give away to good indoor home. 712-786-2414.
Le Mars Houses for Rent3 BR, 2 Bath house for rent. Washer/Dryer included. 133 16th Ave SW Le Mars. 712-540-5617 or 712-540-5945
Help WantedRADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGY ADJUNCT POSITION AVAILABLE Part-time teaching position for on campus Radiologic Technology courses. Bachelor's degree required. Summer semester begins May 23, 2018. For more information contact Dr. Rhonda Pennings, Northwest Iowa Community College, 603 West Park Street, Sheldon, IA 51201, 712-631-5640. AA/EOE
Help WantedChurch Administrative Assistant Position The United Methodist Church of Le Mars is looking to hire an Administrative Assistant to work approximately 35 hours per week. Duties include: Receptionist, phone answering, general accounting and payroll responsibilities, financial and administrative record keeping, document preparation; scheduling and filing of reports and documents. Applicants may send their resume to: The United Methodist Church of Le Mars, 901 3rd Avenue SE, Le Mars, Iowa 51031...
Help WantedPinnacle Bank in Hinton is now hiring a Part time teller, afternoon hours and Saturdays 25 to 30 hours a week. Responsibilities include developing customer relationships, receive and pay money, maintain accurate record keeping of deposits and withdrawals, negotiable instruments, other bank transactions and other duties as assigned. Prior cash handling and customer contact experience is a plus. Please apply on line at www.pinnbank.com and click on the career link.
Area Apartments for RentFOR RENT: One Bedroom apartments available now in Akron, 22 miles west of Le Mars. Mostly furnished units with all utilities, cable, and wi-fi included. Pets considered with restrictions. $585 per month on 1 year lease, or $615 per month on 6 month lease with $400 deposit. Acceptable background screening required. Call or text 605-351-1751 or 712-898-9706 for more information.
- Honoring those behind the scene
- LCS to celebrate prom
- Daycare request causes city to reevaluate ordinances
- Bainbridge to play baseball at Morningside
- Northwest Iowa law enforcement unites
- Schools vs. Mother Nature to decide last day of school
- 27th annual RSM Gala proves a huge success
- The bare bones
- Enough is enough
- PinnedUp to get new look, location