Hawkins honored with Conservation AwardLE MARS — Values instilled in Roger and Kathleen Hawkins of rural Le Mars by their parents years ago, put them on a path of leaving the land better than they found it. This commitment recently earned...
Korean War veterans gather in remembranceLE MARS — Veterans who served during the Korean War gathered Thursday, Sept. 21, for the 20th annual meeting and banquet of the Korean War Last Man’s Club. A total of 44 veterans, family members and...
Northwest Bank earns Top Workplace Award for third year runningLE MARS — Northwest Bank has been awarded a 2017 Top Workplaces honor by the Des Moines Register. The Top Workplaces are based solely on the results of an employee feedback survey administered by...
King McCarty, Queen Dickman
A tribute to history, first respondersLE MARS — A story of a farm accident is the latest depiction of an Alley Art project in downtown Le Mars. Connie Luhman of Sergeant Bluff, painted a three panel mural of a farm accident which begins...
- Candidates vie for city seats
- Clay County Fair celebrates centennial in record style (9/24/17)
- Dream Big Grow Here Contest now accepting submissions (9/24/17)
- Ladies enjoy a night out in expanded Marcus Lumber showroom (9/23/17)
- A plea for designated pickleball courts (9/22/17)1
- K-P goes Disney for Homecoming 2017 (9/22/17)
- Merrill Fire, Ambulance to host fall fundraiser (9/22/17)
- New grading system goes into effect at A-W (9/22/17)
- Practicing the art of Tai Chi (9/20/17)
- Animal control issues addressed (9/20/17)
- MMCRU invites everyone to ‘Win big with the Royals’ (9/20/17)
- Here’s to four decades (9/19/17)
- LPD’s Hop named Boss of the Quarter (9/19/17)
- Carrying on the drive-in legacy (9/19/17)
- RSM Royalty (9/18/17)
- Blackhawks fall short against Western ChristianHINTON — After facing Western Christian twice in each of the past two seasons, each of which came as a road game for Hinton, the Blackhawks finally got a chance to play the Wolfpack in front of a large homecoming crowd at the Held Sports Complex. While putting up a strong effort, the result would be the same as each of the last four meetings with Hinton falling by a score of 19-16...
- Cluck returns kickoff for touchdown in Royals’ loss to Bishop Garrigan
- Westwood wins by touchdown over Akron-Westfield
- Cox single-handedly leads RSM to win in ranked battle with Newell-Fonda
- Bulldogs blanked by Bishop Heelan
- Jays pull away in second half for homecoming victory
- Wright bests teammate Putze as WC-KP wins by slim margin (9/23/17)
Martha J. Vander Tuig (9/22/17)Martha J. Vander Tuig, 96, of Le Mars, died Sunday, Sept. 17, 2017 at the Good Samaritan Society-Le Mars in Le Mars. Martha Johanna Vander Tuig was born on July 3, 1921, in Sioux County, the daughter...
Mildred Kurtz (9/22/17)Mildred Kurtz, 96, of Kingsley, died Thursday, Sept. 21, 2017 at Bickford Assisted Living in West Des Moines. The Johnson – Earnest Funeral Home in Kingsley is assisting Mildred’s family with funeral...
Diane Stabe (9/20/17)Diane Stabe, 79, of Akron, died Saturday, Sept. 16, 2017 at Sanford Health in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Diane Mary Eastick was born on Dec. 28, 1937 in Boston, Lincolnshire, England to Thomas Henry...
Billy Lawrence (9/20/17)Billy Lawrence, 83, of Sioux City, formerly of Le Mars, died Monday, Sept. 18, 2017 at Touchstone Healthcare Community. Billy Lawrence was born Feb. 18, 1934 in Flora, Illinois, the son of Jonnie and...
Help WantedWANTED : Bus Monitor for Le Mars Early Head Start. Monday-Thursday for afternoon bus route. 1 hour per day, 4 days per week, September-May. High School diploma required. Duties include riding the transportation bus. Valid driver’s license, insurance and reliable transportation required. WANTED: Registered Dietitian, licensed in the State of Iowa for WIC/Maternal Child Health Programs. 40 hours per week with hours varying according to clinic schedule. Eligible for benefits, including...
Le Mars RummagesThursday Sept 28th 4 -7pm. Friday Sept 29th 9 - 6pm. 227 3rd St. SW. Lots of antiques, kitchen items, primitives, misc.
Help WantedSYSTEMS INTEGRATION SPECIALIST. Full time. Will troubleshoot and support various college software, training staff to use technology as needed, assisting faculty with classroom technology, and maintaining content within various applications used. Assist with IT helpdesk support. Associate Degree or equivalent experience and basic computer skills required. Associate Degree in education, technology or related field, or equivalent experience; 3+ years of experience; and bilingual in English...
Help WantedPARALEGAL Busy legal office seeks highly motivated paralegal who will be processing medical bills - records and performs dictation and drafting documents. One year minimum office experience required. Necessary skills include computer experience ( preferably Microsoft Office 2013 & Windows 2008 ) and typing (min. 60 w.p.m. ). Experience with workers' compensation , personal injury or S.S. disability and Westlaw research capabilities a plus. Hours 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Part - time...
Le Mars Houses for Rent3 BR home in Brunsville. Appliances. 2 Stall garage. No pets. $580 Month. 546-8556