Bring on the musicLE MARS — Forty-two years is a long time to keep a festival of old time music alive. But that’s just what Bob and Sheila Everhart have done with their Old Time Country Music Festival. The 42nd...
Rasmussens inducted into museum’s Hall of FameLE MARS — Tim and Bonnie Rasmussen received a surprise Saturday, Aug. 19, during an open house honoring their retirement from Timmy’s Catering. The couple was inducted into the Plymouth County...
Upgrades underway at MMCRUMARCUS — With the first year of whole-grade sharing out of the way for Remsen-Union and Marcus-Meriden-Cleghorn, MMCRU Superintendent Jan Brandhorst and the rest of the administration have their...
It's official...(Sentinel Photo by Thomas Schreiber) Le Mars Police Chief Kevin Vande Vegte is sworn into office by Le Mars Mayor Dick Kirchoff at Le Mars City Hall on Monday afternoon. Vande Vegte, a 20-year...
Tour showcases downtownLE MARS — Thursday was a time to tout the projects of Le Mars Main Street. Four members of the Iowa Economic Development Authority came to Le Mars to see how local projects have gone and how state...
- Council says no to reopening of alley
- Opening of polls announced for upcoming school election
- Annual SIDS Walk to be held Aug. 26 (8/21/17)
- K-P improves Wi-Fi (8/21/17)
- Extension Council meeting set (8/20/17)
- Food history stars at Sioux City Jewish Film Festival (8/19/17)
- Opponents stand in way of trail’s future (8/18/17)2
- Asbestos pushes completion date back to November (8/18/17)
- Clarey named Boss of the Quarter (8/18/17)
- New equipment welcomes back Hinton preschoolers (8/18/17)
- A-W Vocal Jazz performs on the big stage (8/18/17)
- PlyWood Trail: Landowners demand answers (8/17/17)
- Close to his heart (8/16/17)
- Goodchild asks, ‘What has changed?’ (8/16/17)3
- New look welcomes back A-W elementary students (8/16/17)
- New coach, new look for Remsen St. Mary’s volleyball
- Royals looking to improve on volleyball court (8/21/17)
- MMCRU football working to overcome adversity (8/21/17)
- Blackhawks hope experience can propel team to state (8/18/17)
- Hinton football facing total revamp on both sides of ball (8/18/17)
- Akron-Westfield on quest for fourth straight playoff berth (8/16/17)
Melvin Plueger (8/21/17)Melvin Plueger, 75, of Le Mars, died Friday, Aug. 18, 2017 at his home in Le Mars surrounded by his family. Melvin John Plueger was born Nov. 26, 1941 in Akron, the son of George and Helen...
Cornelius 'CJ' Rolfes (8/21/17)Cornelius Joseph “CJ” Rolfes, 87, of Alcester, South Dakota, died Friday, Aug. 18, 2017 at the Sanford USD Medical Center Hospital in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Mass of Christian Burial will be 10:30...
Debra 'Debbie' Stoos (8/21/17)Debbie Stoos, 64, died Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at her residence in Omaha, Nebraska. She was born Nov. 8, 1952, in Fort Indiantown Gap, Pennsylvania, the oldest of four daughters of Ralph Taylor and...
Wayne E. Pfaffle (8/18/17)Wayne E. Pfaffle, 82, of Remsen, died Tuesday, Aug. 15, 2017 at his residence. Wayne Earl Pfaffle was born in 1935 in Le Mars, the son of Earl and Edna (Knight) Pfaffle. Wayne grew up on the farm...
Help WantedENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST Individual will facilitate student admissions and assist students with academic pursuits. Associate of Arts or Associate of Applied Science Degree and proficiency in basic computer skills required. Bachelor's degree, experience in student Affairs/student services or community college work, and bilingual in English and Spanish languages preferred. Applications accepted until position is filled. For more details go to www.nwicc.edu. Click on "Alumni &...
Help WantedHelp Wanted JR Roofing is looking to fill a full-time position. Primary job responsibilities will include assisting with installations, repairs & maintenance. Must have valid drivers license. Salary based upon experience. Please e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (712) 225-5555 for an application
Le Mars RummagesSaturday August 26, 2017 8 AM to Noon at 1738 4th Ave SW Something for everyone! Clothing for Men, Women & Children. Lots of toys. Xbox 1 Games, Controllers, Wii Console and Games.
Le Mars RummagesFriday August 25th and Saturday August 26th. 7 AM to Noon (Both Days) 2 Miles North on Highway 75 turn right on 150th St. 33033 150th Street. Little Tykes Fort, Folding screen, Peddle car, Crib, 2 Bar stools, Glassware, Furniture, Antiques, Linens and Collectibles.
Le Mars RummagesGarage Sale: Thursday & Friday August 24th and August 25th 4-7 PM (Both Days) Tool, Christmas Decorations, Household items, Home Decor. Garden Tools, Many misc. Items. 567 15th St SE